The Land of the Falls is among the most popular destinations, both by Brazilians and tourists from all over the world. They are, mainly, the impressive natural beauties that make that many people have interest in knowing Foz do Iguassu.
In addition to the lush Iguassu Falls, the city has many other attractions, as well as the possibility of getting to know and have contact with different cultures and even practice extreme sports, such as the parachute jump. In addition, it is possible to visit in a single day three distinct countries: Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.
To visit the Land of the Falls, plane, bus and car are the most common means of transportation. If you also want to know the region and the different schedules it has to offer, check out the tips we have prepared on how to get to Foz do Iguassu:
Iguassu Falls Airport
Opened in the 1930s, Foz do Iguassu Airport or Iguassu Foz Airport is located very close to the Iguazú National Park – only 3.5 km – and approximately 13 km from the city center, being the main gateway for visitors to Mouth.
Foz do Iguassu Airport is international and receives daily flights from various parts of Brazil and the world. Its structure has two terminals for boarding and disembarking, food court, convenience stores and parking.
How to Get there from Iguassu Falls Airport:
- Taxi: One of the options most used by visitors arriving in the city by the Airport of Foz do Iguassu. Just off the property, you can find a taxi stand with several drivers available to take you to the hotel or other desired location. The race to the city center costs approximately $ 50.00 and takes about 20 minutes.
- Bus: Another alternative is to use public transport. Line 120, which runs in front of Foz do Iguaçu Airport takes about 40 minutes to reach the Urban Transport Terminal (TTU). The ticket price is R $ 3.45.
- Car: A few meters away there are several companies that offer car rentals. It is possible to book in advance or hire the service at the reservation desk inside the airport. Then, just follow Avenida das Cataratas to get to the city center.
See More >> Tips for Hostels to Stay in Foz do Iguassu
Highway of Foz do Iguassu
For those who want to get to the city by bus, the Foz do Iguaçu Bus Station is the gateway. The location is close to the city center, about 4 km away, and has a food court, some convenience stores and parking.
How to Get to Foz do Iguassu by Bus Station:
- Taxi: When leaving the Foz do Iguaçu Bus Station, several drivers wait to make the transport of the visitor to the desired place. The race to the center takes about 10 minutes.
- Bus: Several public transportation lines pass through the Foz do Iguaçu bus station. The bus route takes 15 to 20 minutes to reach the TTU.
How to Get to Foz do Iguassu by Car
If you wish to come to Foz do Iguaçu with your own or rented car, you should take the BR-277 to the entrance of the city. Following the signs, turn left to enter Avenida Costa e Silva, where you should follow to the center. The drive from Foz to the center takes around 20 minutes.
Do you like the tips to get to Foz do Iguassu? Share with your friends on the social networks!
Images: Hotel Tarobá, Google Maps, Tarobá Construções e Mineiros na Estrada.